WP Plugin – Meet The Team
Premium Meet The Team WordPress Plugin
The purpose of this plugin is to allow you to create a “Meet the Team/Partners” page for a website. This plugin makes it easy to create a Team Page to showcase your most important assets. There is also a Widget that allows for the display of the Team names and Category.
With Meet The Team plugin, you can pick different page layouts with photos, social media links, and display employee information.
Some of the many features of the plugin allow you to:
- Create Custom Post Type for each Employee/Partner
- Enter Employee custom meta data (i.e Job Title, Tag line, Social Media, etc)
- Manage all Employee/Partners via the Team Table.
- Organize Employee/Partner into custom category/taxonomy (i.e Board of Directors, Marketing Team, Designers)
- Display Widget Option with list of Employees organized into custom categories (i.e Board of Directors)
- Quickly display Team Page via shortcode with category filtering option
- Integrate Employee/Partner with Social Media(i.e Twiter, Facebook, Flickr, etc)
- Customize Page with multiple layout options ( 4 four different options based on research of several different Meet The Team pages)
- Display Employee/Partner photo via WP Featured Images.
- Excellent Support
Don’t waste anytime. Advertise the faces behind your Company’s names with Meet The Team Plugin!
This plugin will be available shortly via CodeCanyon, but for right now, you can buy directly from the Author at a promotional price of $8 USD.
Look how easy it is to get started. Have Fun!
Once you purchase the plugin, you will receive a .zip file. Follow the next steps to activate the plugin:
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘meet-the-team’ folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP Plugin page.
Once the installation is completed and the plugin activated, you will see the following entry under the ‘plugins’ menu on the WP Admin
To get started entering data, click on the ‘All Team Pages’ link on the left side of the WP Admin panel.
The ‘All Team Pages’ allows you to view all members already added, add new ones and create new categories.
Add new member
Add new from ‘All Team Pages’ menu, enter title as the name of the member. Then add the description. This will be the content shown on the page.
In order to display the image either full size or thumbnail, add a Featured Image to the post. See WordPress Featured Image support.
Add New Category
Click on ‘Categories’ from ‘All Team Pages’ menu to add new Meet The Team specific categories. Set the categories, so you can organize your member posts and filter either the list of members via shortcode or via the Meet the Team Widget. See Show in Post/Page or Widget Option sections below to find out how Categories can help you manager your team members/partners.
You can setup your Meet The Team plugin to display in different layouts. The plugin offers four different layout options with thumbnail and full pictures, social media links as icon or text and member information.
Each layout contains the following information:
- Layout 1: List of member info with social network icons
This layout displays the thumbnail picture on the left side. The name, title, social media icons, and a short description are displayed to the right of the image in this order.
- Layout 2: Side by side picture and nameThis layout is simplistic. It works better is a feature image is setup on each post. The layout displays the thumbnail picture side by side with the name underneath each picture.
- Layout 3: Alternate full picture with member infoThis layout display a full size picture alternating sides. The first starts on the right with the name, title, social media icons next to it.
- Layout 4: List of member info with social network text and full pictureThis layout displays the information in a table like format with a full picture on the left side and the name, title and description next to it. The social media links are displayed in text after the content.
Show in Post/Page
Shortcode allows you to display the list of members on your post. In order for you to display the meet the team page on your post/page, copy & paste the short code below:
This shortcode will display all the team members added to the site via the custom post type (‘mtt_page’).
Visit the ‘About Developer’ link on this site to view a live Demo of this plugin.
Category Shortcode Option
The shortcode has an attribute that allows you to filter the list of members on the page based on the Category selected for each individual. In order to filter by category, simply add the ‘category’ attribute to the shortcode with the category option selected. Let’s say
you want to display only the list of “Director”s on a page. For that follow the steps below:
- Add New Category under All Team Members menu, called ‘Director’.
- Open/Add New Member and assign the Category of ‘Director’ to that post
- On the page/post to display the list of members add the following shortcode:
The Meet the Team Widget offers you the option to display the list of team members on your selected post/page. You can add as many widgets as you would like. The widgets are located under the Appearance Menu/Widget for your theme.
The Meet The Team Widget offers a few options:
- Title: Enter the title to show on top of the Widget.
- Post Category: If you you like to only show certain category type Meet the Team post. The options will be the Custom Categories that you set up.
- Show Widget on: Select what type of post you would like the widget to display. The options are ‘post’, ‘page’, ‘meet the team posts’
- Sort Order: Select a sort order option to display the widget values.
- Format: The options are unordered list (ul/li), Dropdown, and New Line Break (br)